Monday, May 11, 2009

I Am Not Ashamed to Admit It

Justin Timberlake is a great entertainer.  I've been a closet fan for years. That's right, YEARS. Now I don't care who knows. I had his CD, Justified, in my original Ipod, and when I found Futersex/Lovesounds at a used media store for 3 dollars, I felt like I was stealing it. My senorita didn't have to convince me to get it, I was already way ahead of her. I know it's too late to start reviewing this album but the music, producing and styling of this CD makes me wonder why someone would give this CD away. He found a way to make Timbaland less annoying, make two songs out of one, and of course bring sexy back from hiatus.

Last night SNL featured Justin Timberlake as it's host and Ciara as the musical guest, to make one of the best shows I've seen since the start of the season. Timberlake proves to be an all around performer with his acting ability, comedy, and singing. He was even a part of the music act with Ciara.  The highlight of the show was right at the start(which I've included at the bottom). It made me forget for a good solid hour that the Rockets were probably done for the season without Yao(they actually won without him, who knew). The cherry on top of the sundae was the SNL digital short.  If you haven't seen these, they are the reason why I watch SNL every Saturday, even when they're re-runs. Next Sunday will feature an entire hour to SNL digital shorts at 8pm. That's 7pm to my Texas fan base(like if i even have one). A follow up to D*ck in a Box made this Saturday night worth the wait(I think I waited 3 weeks for a new SNL). And for the people that can't get enough of Jimmy Fallon, Timberlake and Fallon reprised the role of the Brothers Gibb. 

If you missed it this Saturday, I suggest Hulu it, or catch the clips on NBC.com. It's worth the commercials you have to sit through. 



I feel like I've made peace with myself now that I can openly say I'm a JT fan, I just feel bad for the Joey Fatone fans....

1 comment:

  1. the only thing that wouldve made this episode of snl better was if they had done their vincent price sketch featuring kristen wiig!! :)

    ReplyDelete