Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Saved!

Not Saved! with Mandy Moore, but saved from the likes of the Governator. Terminator Salvation was so intense that I don’t even trust my own refrigerator. I was at work and I noticed the machines I refill with medications have a red eye on it. I pulled out a gun and asked it ‘What are you?’ and ‘Who made you?’ I stared at the blank screen. No answers. After further questioning I came back down to earth and moved on to the next floors.
 
The fourth movie in the franchise explosion that has become the Terminator answered many questions and opened up many others. I’ve been known to spoil movies but I won’t this time.  I screamed ‘Jack dies’ in Titanic at the opening credits. I walked out of Cloverfield telling everyone that was in line to see it next, ‘It’s an alien that looks like Godzilla on all fours’.But I’ll hold off this time. The movie takes place in 2018 and the war between man and machine is looking grim. A man on death row donates his body to Skynet in 2003. It turns out the one person who can help out the resistance isn’t a person at all.... I don’t want to completely ruin the movie, so I’ll stop there. Christian Bale plays a great John Conner and the 10 story high robot that kills humans will definitely give me nightmares for the days to come. This movie is sure to satisfy Terminator lovers and could probably bring in people to the franchise that have never seen a single movie.
 
The film receives 4 and a half stars on my scale with no merit once so ever.  And remember, the machines will rise up against us, it’s just a matter of when.

No comments:

Post a Comment